As promised here I am with a new blog entry and trust me it feels great. The week has passed very quickly; guess this is what happens when you are in twelfth standard.Neverthless I am here to talk about my last Diwali vacation and of course the tour to north India.
After a not so impressive performance in the terminal exams I was very anxious about getting a break and believe me the exam was never ending. Like how they say life is like a coin, each side has something or the other. Exams ended h my language paper and I breathed a sigh of relief.
I spent my time preparing for the tour, often going alone for shopping even when others wanted to come, of course wanted to take my own time. Diwali came on 17th, the day my lil cousin Durva turned 1. As the day ended I was done with 90 percent of the tour preparation and was almost ready to leave, I’ve always believed in doing things earlier than the time as it saves time for the other last minute things.
Tour was supposed to start on 19th and It did, only thing being the usual train delay which made train leave by 430pm instead of 340pm scheduled departure time. Well the following two days went soon and then happened the unexpected. Our train The Goa express collided with the standing Malwar express at Mathura, UP at 445am and I felt the impact as I fell off from my berth. Given that 22 people died in the accident I should consider myself lucky. We were stuck at Mathura for 6 hours out of which we spent 4 hours on the bridge without proper breakfast. Yes people did come but most of them irked us, a special mention to a Doordarshan reporter who saw our condition and came up with tea for us and also some protection.
Finally we were back en route to Delhi at about 11am and had our first proper meal of the day at 2pm at a Dhaba somewhere in Hariyana, Dhabas may not be clean but the food was awesome, I wouldn’t say that with reference to hunger but my taste buds loved the food. We reached Delhi at 5pm, tired and exhausted. Due to the train accident most of our sightseeing got canceled, we still managed to visit the India gate which stood tall amidst tiny human figures. It was a delight for my camera as I captured a stunning picture using the aperture priority mode.
Next day we were off to our second destination, the most planned city of chandigarh. And I swear it felt like our very own Goa at first place. We had our lunch at the lounge of hotel city heart; it was a classic place with neon lighting and a giant LCD screen. After a mesmerizing affair with food we were off to the famous Rock gardens which we first heard in our eleventh standard English text book. I met someone nice along the way about who I shall mention later.
Rock gardens were a perfect delight, to both eyes and heart. It gave me a feeling of being on some alien planet with many rock structures of various shapes and sizes. All this beauty couldn’t stop my camera’s shutter from snapping some awesomeness out of this place. I doubt if one day was enough to explore this place. Nevertheless we got about 2 hours and I bet I did my best to cover it Somethings about the rock garden are worth a mention. A path with twisted edges, Tiny but enchanting waterfall, narrow swinging ways, winding tree roots, a wishing well and many more. Most of my friends were after getting their pictures clicked whereas I was looking for some fodder for my lens, which I got ultimately. Before I could go on, my memory stick gave in. and I had to change it. Sadly my affair with the rock gardens ended soon with our tour leader giving instructions to return back.
Finally we were off to enchanting Shimla in our bus. We reached Shimla at night, stopping for occasional tea break on the way. It was more of a blessing as the cold of Shimla had been eating up my warmth.
Shimla at night looked like a city right from a fairytale, with lights scattered across broad myriad landscape. In my words it seemed like as if some divine power has scattered a star studded blanket over the mystique, serene landscape.
Now what happened at Shimla and the rest of the tour, I will be revealing in my subsequent posts. Those of you who are interested in my tour pictures kindly leave me a message and I will reply with the link to the tour album. Please feel free to post comments on the entries.
With a promise of a more exiting post next week. I end this entry.
Take care!
Cheers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment